Roadmap for version 4.0.0 Expand all | Collapse all
- FS#1087 - Ruler ticks are not corresponding to the grid points Expand Collapse
Ruler ticks are not corresponding to the grid points,
Ruler will completely disappear at a certain zoom level,
Drawing unit: inch,
Grid settings: Grid 1, Meta Grid 12,
Dim Label Format: “Engineering, 0’-0.0”
see topic below:
- FS#1151 - Closed Polygons: Chamfer / Bevel / Round tools are not proper wo Expand Collapse
At closed Polygons: Chamfer / Bevel / Round tools are not proper working at the Start/End corner transition.
Roadmap for version Post 3.0 Expand all | Collapse all
- FS#12 - File Export Formats Expand Collapse
- SQL [postponed]
- Flash (library: swf) [postponed]
- DGN [postponed]
- Google SketchUp [postponed]
- FS#21 - Add line weight scale factor Expand Collapse
Required for extreme units such as Nanometers or Kilometers. See also FS#20
- FS#137 - SVG Export precision Expand Collapse
In files exported with the (even PG) exporter I sometimes see values like these: 334.99999999999994 or 570.0000000000001 and very often 12 digits of precision.
To safe on file size, I suggest, that QCAD rounds values on SVG export to eg. three places. When viewed in an ordinary web browser, that will result in a precision of 1 inch / 96dpi / 1000 = 0.00026mm, not? Ends should still meet.
- FS#154 - Image: move reference points to scale Expand Collapse
Image: move reference points to scale
- FS#173 - explode text to letters Expand Collapse
- FS#264 - Support of "Layouts" (paper space) Expand Collapse
There is one important ACAD feature that I would really like to see supported in QCAD3 and that is "Layouts"
Looking at the block lists, it seems to me that it can't be too much extra work to support it, since the model space and different paper spaces are already shown there - and one can edit it.
QCAD draws infinitely easier than ACAD and drawing layouts is a primary feature of ACAD. With this in QCAD I can hardly see why anyone that does 2D work would need ACAD at all.
- FS#268 - Define grid origin Expand Collapse
Define grid origin
- FS#396 - Blocks: moving blocks: show bounding box Expand Collapse
Blocks: moving complex blocks with drag and drop should show bounding box as preview
- FS#454 - combined move/rotate/scale with two reference points Expand Collapse
It would be extremely helpful, if marked objects could be moved/rotated/scaled in a single step with two reference points as source and two reference poitns as destination. With a tool like this, "should match"-drawings could be merged easily.
- FS#455 - logical operations for polylines Expand Collapse
A missing feature in my work are logical operations (combine, intersect, ..) for polylines
Draw some elements, select them, say combine. The result will be the outline of all elements.
- FS#467 - Feature request for new Arc tool option to add to Arc set Expand Collapse
For and behalf of mandrena
To add another Arc tool option in Arc tools set:
1.Specify Start point for Arc.
2.Specify End point for Arc.
3.Specify "Tangent" direction (without being restricted in input field) so you can visually select a point on your desired Tangent line!
- FS#477 - crop objects at page margins Expand Collapse
It would be nice if QCad would print only objects inside page margins (i.e. to print a detail of a large drawing with margins). At the moment objects are visible up to page borders, and exporting to PDF with re-printing to a larger page contains even more objects.
- FS#482 - Block with hatch, scaled with different X / Y factors Expand Collapse
Block with hatch scaled with factor in X different from factor in Y leads to problems if contour contains arcs (which cannot / are not scaled disproportionally).
- FS#498 - issue importing from Autocad Expand Collapse
There is an issue importing from Autocad:
lines and quotes (both arrows and text) appear too much big (see attachment).
I can fix quotes modifying dimensions in "current drawing preferences", but lines are still too thick.
Autocad's dxf are opened with right line thickness but wrong quotes.
Furthermore, Autocad opens Qcad's dxf files showing wrong quotes.
- FS#500 - Autohide Side Panel Expand Collapse
it would be ideal to be able to have the option to autohide the side panel to increase the visible drawing space when working on a small screen.
- FS#502 - Points on line: enter distance instead of number of points Expand Collapse
Points on line: enter distance instead of number of points as a variant of the tool or as a new tool.
- FS#503 - Convert entities to points with a fixed distance Expand Collapse
Select lines, arcs, ... and convert them to points along the lines, arcs, ... with a fixed distance.
See also forum at:
- FS#508 - zoom speed option Expand Collapse
Add a zoom speed option in preferences