Grid and Dimension relationship

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in the QCAD Community Edition.

Moderator: andrew

tcwinn
Newbie Member

Grid and Dimension relationship

Post by tcwinn » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:24 am

I'm running 2.2.1.0 on both windows XP and vista. I imported a png image [which already has its own unit of measurements] as a layer. I need to make an overlay with additional drawings. How can I make the dimension tool to match the units of measurement in the png image. I tried to change the Application preference grid setting and that made qcad go nuts. It generates a QCad.ini file in ..\Application Data\RibbonSoft which causes qcad to hang. This file must be removed before qcad can start operating. Is there a better way? Thanks.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:32 pm

To fix the grid problem, please update to QCAD 2.2.2.0 (see also changelog):
http://www.ribbonsoft.com/qcad_doc_changelog.html

When a bitmap is inserted into QCAD, one pixel is scaled to equal 1 unit in the drawing by default. To change this, you need to change the scale factor of the image when you insert it (option toolbar while inserting) or later in the property editor.

Please post any further questions about QCAD Professional in the QCAD Professional forums. This forum is for the community edition of QCAD (QCAD 2.0).

Return to “QCAD Community 'How Do I' Questions”