background raster image?

Do you have a question you want to ask an existing QCAD user about QCAD and what you can do with it? Do you want to know if a particular feature exists? This is the place to ask.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

shokan22
Registered Member

background raster image?

Post by shokan22 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:09 am

Can I have a jpg in the background for drawing/tracing over... preferably with transparency level adjustment?

Thanks.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:29 pm

Yes, you can insert bitmaps in various formats. For transparency, you would have to use the PNG format though and adjust transparency in the image file. QCAD itself does not add transparency to an inserted image.

shokan22
Registered Member

Post by shokan22 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:16 pm

I tried Draw > Insert Image. I then tried clicking around the Insertion Point space below the viewport , I tried clicking in viewport, and also tried typing in 0 in the Insertion Point command line field, but at this time, everything in the program becomes unresponsive. I read the manual about inserting image. The insertion point action description was not clear to me.

hungerburg
Premier Member

Post by hungerburg » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:37 am

I just tried to insert an image in png format with eight bit alpha channel and was surprised how smooth it is displayed in qcad. the image is anchored in its lower left corner, clicking anywhere in the drawing area places the image, for me.

I had to give it a try, because I find myself doing work, that I used to do in inkscape, in qcad sometimes, now this is a nice to have :)

Return to “Pre-sales Questions”