Suggestion for Horizontal Line and Vertical Line

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Clive

Suggestion for Horizontal Line and Vertical Line

Post by Clive » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:26 pm

When using either the Horizontal Line (LH) or Vertical Line (LV) I would find it extreamly useful if QCAD remembered the last few line lengths entered, this would save me having to retype again and again.

In the below screenshot you can see that I am going to draw a line (in this case it was a vertical line) at 10 units in length, if after finishing with the tool I return to draw another line at 10 units in length again ... I have to retype the value in the field once more, what would be useful is if QCAD rememberd my last value and I could click and select it from a drop down selection 8) .
Feature Request.png
Feature Request.png (16.15 KiB) Viewed 5283 times
Would this very easy to implement Andrew?

What do others think?
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Suggestion for Horizontal Line and Vertical Line

Post by Husky » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:34 pm

Clive wrote:In the below screenshot you can see that I am going to draw a line (in this case it was a vertical line) at 10 units in length, if after finishing with the tool I return to draw another line at 10 units in length again ... I have to retype the value in the field once more, what would be useful is if QCAD rememberd my last value and I could click and select it from a drop down selection 8) .
Hi Clive - thats weird. e_confused. "My" QCAD (OS Win) remembers the last value for each tool. Even after a restart.

Example:
If I use a value of 100 in a line tool - I can use it for horizontal and vertical lines. Nice!
If I then use a circle with a radius of e.g. 50 - I can use this radius again and again for all Circle tools with a radius specification.
If I then return to a line tool - my last used value - 100 - will already be preset in my length option box. I like that!
Next time circle tool - yes, it remembers the 50 .... 8)

But yes - I would also prefer if QCAD could remember the last 5 (?) values.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Clive

Re: Suggestion for Horizontal Line and Vertical Line

Post by Clive » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:20 pm

Ah, sorry for the bad explanation. I do get the immediate last input in the lengh field, what I meant was to have the option for QCAD to remember all of the last value inputs during my drawing session :wink: .
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”