Bounding Box

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Clive

Bounding Box

Post by Clive » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:09 pm

The bounding box tool is a great feature and to be honest I've only just got around to using it more, here is my feedback so far.
Using this tool from either the shapes toolset or the drop down menu 'misc' tools gives two different results.

From the Shapes toolset

Using the tool from here on a shape with seperate single entities gives the correct expected result by bouding the shape with a circumscribed rectangle hitting the outside points - with options to create polyline, offset distance etc.

Shape consisting of seperate line entities.
Bounding Box pic 1.png
Bounding Box pic 1.png (20.85 KiB) Viewed 6441 times
From the 'drop down' menu misc tools

From here the tool gives you a bounding box hitting all of the end points of all of the entities ... unless it is a polyline!

I also think this tool would be better in the modify toolset (or another, but not sure which one at the moment) as currently you only come across it by using the shape tools, but if you create with arcs, splines etc it would be more easier seen from a more common place.

Bounding Box pic 2.png
Bounding Box pic 2.png (27.4 KiB) Viewed 6441 times
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Bounding Box

Post by Husky » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:58 am

Clive wrote:The bounding box tool is a great feature and to be honest I've only just got around to using it more, here is my feedback so far.
Using this tool from either the shapes toolset or the drop down menu 'misc' tools gives two different results.

From the Shapes toolset

Using the tool from here on a shape with seperate single entities gives the correct expected result by bouding the shape with a circumscribed rectangle hitting the outside points - with options to create polyline, offset distance etc.
Indeed a helpful tool ... but where is it now????? It's just gone in 3.5.7 or do I miss something ..... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Clive

Post by Clive » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:32 am

Husky wrote:Indeed a helpful tool ... but where is it now????? It's just gone in 3.5.7 or do I miss something ..... :cry: :cry: :cry:
It is indeed missing from the latest version of QCAD, Andrew has pointed out to me that this tool was developed for a customer and is owned by the customer, the tool was added to QCAD by mistake. The good news is that Andrew has said that he hopes to develop something similar for QCAD as time permits.There is still the Bounding Box tool from - Main Menu > Misc > Darw > Bounding Box, although this tool has limited features.
Who knows Husky maybe we will get something for Christmas.
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:50 am

Ok Clive - thanks for the Info!

Christmas? We will see! :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”