Array option

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Clive

Array option

Post by Clive » Thu May 14, 2015 11:59 am

The new Array of blocks tool is great. For me I would like to see the array option also in the standard modify tool set, in order to array something I always have to use the move tool with the multiple option.

Maybe its just me but it makes logical sense to me to have the array tool in the modify tool set first - otherwise I always have to create a block first in order to use the array tool, this to me is counter productive.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Array option

Post by andrew » Thu May 14, 2015 1:04 pm

Thanks for your feedback.

The block array tool basically adds four properties to block reference entities: columns, rows, column spacing, row spacing. This means a block array is one single entity. If selected, you can change columns, rows, etc dynamically in the property editor, without having to delete columns or rows or using a special tool to create a new column or row. Block arrays are also important for compatibility. If a DXF file contains a block array, QCAD can load it and display it correctly. This was the main incentive to implement this feature.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Fri May 15, 2015 9:12 am

I understand why this array function needs to be implemented in the block functionality but I would also second Clive with the request for a separably Array possibility in the modify tool list.
If I need to use always Blocks for all kinds of entity arrays (like a hole pattern for a Vacuum table which would be just a cirle) I produce a lot of aimless blocks in the blocklist.

@Clive
How do you think about to post a "Feature request! ... :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Clive

Post by Clive » Fri May 15, 2015 11:47 am

Husky wrote:@Clive
How do you think about to post a "Feature request! ... :wink:
Already did this about 3 years ago!

http://www.qcad.org/bugtracker/index.ph ... ask_id=649

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”