A next organisation ?

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Tuttle

A next organisation ?

Post by Tuttle » Thu May 21, 2015 9:31 pm

Hi,

When I wish to make several plans, for example, a detail plan and a floor plan of a building, the scales are not the same, and I soon found myself with a lot of layers and blocks. Hard to navigate when the project requires a lot of elements.

I prefer and make several DXF files, to have a drawing by file (and thus have the right scale ratings on each drawing, having only the layers/blocks I need ...).
But by making several DXF files, I would like that when I change a layer or block, the same layer or block is modified in the same manner in other drawings, otherwise it is a source of error.
Thus, in each DXF file representing a single drawing, it also limits the number of layers and blocks used (and we found it better!)

Is it a good idea to you?

I am not a programmer and I don't know how long it may take, but this way of working would work much more enjoyable!

A drawing for explaining it, perhaps better.

I don't know how to make this suggestion in the bugtracker...

Thank you !!

In french, because it's more easy for me
Plus facile car c'est mal langue natale !!!
Lorsque je souhaite faire plusieurs plans, par exemple, un plan de détail, et un plan d'implantation d'un bâtiment, les échelles ne sont pas du tout les mêmes, et je me retrouve vite avec beaucoup de calques et de blocs. Dur de s'y retrouver quand le projet demande beaucoup d'éléments.

Je préfère ainsi faire plusieurs fichiers .dxf, pour avoir un dessin par fichier (et ainsi, avoir les bonnes échelles de cotes sur chaque dessin, avoir seulement les calques qu'il me faut, ...).
Mais en faisant plusieurs fichiers .dxf, j'aimerais que lorsque je change un calque ou un bloc, ce même calque ou bloc est modifié de la même manière sur les autres dessins, sinon, c'est source d'erreur.
Ainsi, dans chaque fichier .dxf qui représente un seul dessin, on limite aussi le nombre de calques et de blocs utilisés (et on s'y retrouve mieux !)

Est-ce une bonne idée d'après vous ?

Je ne suis pas programmeur et je ne sais pas combien de temps cela peut prendre, mais cette façon de fonctionner permettrait un travail beaucoup plus agréable !

Merci !
Debian Jessie - 64 bits KDE environnement
QCAD Pro 3.9.1.0
Qt Verison : 4.8.4
Compiler : gcc 4.4.3

Tuttle

Re: A next organisation ?

Post by Tuttle » Tue May 26, 2015 2:11 pm

Debian Jessie - 64 bits KDE environnement
QCAD Pro 3.9.1.0
Qt Verison : 4.8.4
Compiler : gcc 4.4.3

J-J

Post by J-J » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:39 am

Je vous suis dans ce raisonnement, je suis confronté à une situation semblable en mécanique: on part d'un dessin d'ensemble et les dessins des sous-ensembles sont réalisés ensuite pour la fabrication, maintenir la mise à jour concommitante n'est pas aisée et est source d'erreurs!

I added my vote. Keeping the detailed drawing updated when a complex assembly is developed can be tedious and prone to errors. :!:
I have no programming experience :oops: , the forum is the place to debate on such a specification should a talented user have a try at it.
JJ Win7 pro-64

Clive

Post by Clive » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:50 am

It is interesting and very good to see that QCAD is being used more and more for building construction/architectural drawing plans, this is surely a reflection of how versatile and intuitive QCAD really is, much credit to Andrew and the team. Regarding your suggestion, drawing sheet sets is the way forward here, with the option to link to external references (X refs) that would dynamically update a block in any part of the sheet set once it was opened.

A feature request already exists for X refs:

http://www.ribbonsoft.com/bugtracker/in ... ask_id=693

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”