Fonts on the go ...

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Fonts on the go ...

Post by Husky » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:06 am

I'm wondering if it could be a good idea to have an extra folder for text fonts administered in QCAD.

Why?

The textfont management in QCAD is really good! I can install any text font on my Office Computer and QCAD will read (maybe regarding to my Filter settings below Application Settings/Draw/Text) all fonts to be displayed and used in QCAD.

But .... if I have a customer consultation and I need to take my QCAD with me on a USB Drive (to be able to work on a customer Computer) I will lose my personal font library because I have only access to that what is installed on the customer computer. To take my fonts with me and install them on the customer computer isn't an option.

My Idea is to have the possibility to tell QCAD an additional Path for an extra font selection in a separated folder (on the USB Flashdrive). Such as all my single line fonts for cnc engravings ...
It is already possible to determine multiple Library location (Application Preferences/Widgets/Library Browser) and I think It would help a lot to have the same possibility also for fonts used in QCAD. On this way you are able to create the same environment wherever you are - on your Office Computer or on a Host computer.

What do you think?
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Fonts on the go ...

Post by andrew » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:42 pm

Yes, why not. Feel free to add a feature request for this.

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”