Changing Viewport Scale

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Slackmeyer
Newbie Member

Changing Viewport Scale

Post by Slackmeyer » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:48 pm

Hi all-
I'm using paperspace for the first time, and having some trouble making things work the way I want.

I'm using this thread for reference:
https://qcad.org/rsforum/viewtopic.php?t=8115

I have a title block that I'm putting in my selected paperspace and scaling to the paper size I'll use, and then making a viewport on model space and putting it on that page. I'm doing one page per Layout Block, is that normal?

My main question is whether there's any way to change the scale of a viewport after I've created it. After I draw the viewport but before I select the location on the layout I can change the scale and some other options- is there any way to access those options once it's on the layout?

Thanks,
Zak

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Changing Viewport Scale

Post by andrew » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:09 pm

Slackmeyer wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:48 pm
I'm doing one page per Layout Block, is that normal?
Yes.
Slackmeyer wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:48 pm
My main question is whether there's any way to change the scale of a viewport after I've created it. After I draw the viewport but before I select the location on the layout I can change the scale and some other options- is there any way to access those options once it's on the layout?
You can select the viewport like any other entity and change the scale in the property editor (View > Property Editor).

Slackmeyer
Newbie Member

Re: Changing Viewport Scale

Post by Slackmeyer » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:28 pm

Thanks Andrew, I knew it was there somewhere. I swear I looked there before but didn't see it, now I do.

Zak

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”