Legend in Printouts?

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

rrauch
Newbie Member

Legend in Printouts?

Post by rrauch » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:58 am

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to buy a CAD Software. I found QCAD, because it has good recommendations on different sites.

We started now with QCAD Trial and have made some very first drawings. There are a few things, we do not know, how to do. Either it is not supported from QCAD or we do not know, how to do:

1. Is there any possibility to generate a "Legend" in the print outs? With a legend I mean such typical block at the lower right corner with information about company, date, version, title, page number and so on....

For next question I will create specific forum thread....

Thanks in Advance

Clive

Re: Legend in Printouts?

Post by Clive » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:22 pm

rrauch wrote:1. Is there any possibility to generate a "Legend" in the print outs? With a legend I mean such typical block at the lower right corner with information about company, date, version, title, page number and so on....
Hi rrauch and welcome.
Of course you can create your own blocks (legend) but currently you cannot 'dynamically' generate them, you can also define and synchronize block attributes, which may help.
Andrews screencast explains more:
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=2563
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

rrauch
Newbie Member

Re: Legend in Printouts?

Post by rrauch » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:58 pm

ok, I see. Thanks a lot.

Maybe this idea is of common interest: I created suggestion in "QCAD 3 Suggestions and Feedback" : viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2670

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”