Viewing Small Text in the Rich Text Preview

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

jmferris
Registered Member

Viewing Small Text in the Rich Text Preview

Post by jmferris » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:02 pm

Greetings,

I have been working on a drawing, and I've reached the point where I am going in to add textual notes. The drawing itself is Arch E sized, uses inches as the default unit, and is at 1:1 scale. For dimensions, the default text size is 0.125".

For the dimensions, the text size is spot on. But when I go to the text tool to add notes, I set the text size to what I want - for example, I have to set it to .25 for 0.25" text - and the preview becomes unreadable, because the preview is displaying that as .25 pts or px (not sure which). Needless to say, it makes working with text a little bit of a hassle. So, instead, I've been going in and actually writing the text markup by hand.

What my question is, I am wondering if I am missing something obvious here? I've gone through the application and drawing settings, but I do not see anything that appears to be related to this.

Thanks,

Joseph

jmferris
Registered Member

Re: Viewing Small Text in the Rich Text Preview

Post by jmferris » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:09 pm

Murphy's Law of Posting On A Forum

Immediately after posting, I realized that I was missing a decimal point in my main/default Text Height, so the miniscule text was due to it scaling based on the provided value. All is good now.

Thanks!

Joseph

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”