How do I change the lines's thickness?

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

asaura
Registered Member

How do I change the lines's thickness?

Post by asaura » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:10 pm

I want to draw a bathroom and I want the lines that represents the wall would be far as thick than the other elements but I don't to know how to change the lines thickness. Can you tell me how to do it?
Thanks.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: How do I change the lines's thickness?

Post by Husky » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:00 am

Hi,

create a Layer for the walls with the desired color and Line weight. If you now draw a wall element make sure that the wall layer is the active one and all walls will have the same attributes.
If you also have to draw a window or door and you like to have a different line weight and color for that just create a new layer for your doors and windows. Same game - make sure the door and window layer is active before you draw windows and doors. :wink:

If you have already drawn the elements on a correct layer and you like to change the attributes - just change the attributes directly for the layer.
If you have drawn element on a wrong layer - select the elements and change the layer in the Property editor to the right one.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

asaura
Registered Member

Post by asaura » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:34 am

Thank you Husky! I didn't know thah line thickness was linked with the current layer.

Clive

Post by Clive » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:59 am

asaura wrote: I didn't know thah line thickness was linked with the current layer.
It isn't specifically linked, Husky's explanation is how typically good drafting practice would happen - to have a seperate layer with its own assigned attributes is indeed the way to go. So if you were drawing something you may want to have several layers set up, one for say general drawing with its own attributes and another for construction lines (guidelines) which again could have their own different (if needed) attributes and so on.
In building construction drawings you may want to add additional layers for electrical services, another for plumbing, water piped, drainage, brickwork, walls, roofing elements ... each with their own individual unique attributes!
But that doesn't mean that you couldn't have any entity (line, polyline, arc, circle et.) on any of your layers with a different lineweight, linetype or colour, you would simplly select the entity and chage its attributes in the property editor.
Having seperate layers keeps things organised in your drawing.

Then their is the option to have Blocks each with their own internal entities assigned with diffrent attributes and if needed on different layers ... but that's another story :wink:

Question, what QCAD version are you using, I presume it is the pro version?
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”