How to make rectangle with text

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

giant44256
Registered Member

How to make rectangle with text

Post by giant44256 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:08 pm

Hello

I'm very new to this cad. I'm trying to make a address sign. 8"x24" square with my address in it. I have a cnc plasma cutter that I want to take the dxf file to and cut it from steel. How can I accomplish this? Thanks is advance for any help.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: How to make rectangle with text

Post by Husky » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:47 am

Hello giant44256 - welcome to the forum!

giant44256 wrote:Hello

I'm very new to this cad. I'm trying to make a address sign. 8"x24" square with my address in it. I have a cnc plasma cutter that I want to take the dxf file to and cut it from steel. How can I accomplish this? Thanks is advance for any help.
Create a rectangle with the "Rectangle" or "Rectangle with size" tool,
place it into your drawing,
create a text with the "Text" tool - make sure the Alignment is "Middle center",
then place this text into the rectangle. If you like to have this text in the center of the rectangle you can use the snap tool "Middle manual" to snap to the middle of the rectangle,
select the text and use the "Explode" tool to break it down into lines. I believe only on that way your cam can read the text,
Convey it to your cam software - create the gcode - feed your cnc with it - cut your workpiece. Done!
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”