Causing print document to print on one 8 1/2 X 11 inch page

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

c_hurley
Newbie Member

Causing print document to print on one 8 1/2 X 11 inch page

Post by c_hurley » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:51 pm

Fidora core 21 fully patched
QCad community 3.8.1.0
I have created a floor plan of a 10 foot by 20 foot shed with two rectangles in it representing some stuff I want to put in the shed when I'm done.

I am trying to get a printout on a single page.

So far I have verified that the page is set to ANSI A 8 1/2 by 11, using colors and the background is set to white.

When I use print preview I get a representation of the page set against a huge set of pages that measure out into the feet of length and width. Printing from this representation I get twenty or more blank pages out before I interrupt and cancel the print job.

When I set the print scale I'm selecting 1/4" = 1 foot so I'm pretty sure the drawing will fit on an US letter sized page.

Hope someone can straighten me out.

Thanks.

carl

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Causing print document to print on one 8 1/2 X 11 inch p

Post by Husky » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:32 am

Hi,

I assume your drawing Unit is Foot, right?

Follow this Steps:
Print Preview,
option ...
Single Page,
scale 1/4 = 1
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

c_hurley
Newbie Member

Post by c_hurley » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:23 am

That is correct, drawing measurement is foot.

The small ruler scale surrounding the drawing frame indicates that the drawing is 10' by 20' so I'm fairly certain the scale is set correctly.

It's just when I click on the print preview the drawing is superimposed over a set of connected pages that has a count greater than I care to verify but it is many. If I click on the 'auto center object in page' the drawing becomes minute and disappears into the center of this maze of connected pages. I am not able to get a representation of a single sheet of paper in this view or print the drawing on a single paper page.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:00 am

c_hurley wrote:It's just when I click on the print preview the drawing is superimposed over a set of connected pages that has a count greater than I care to verify but it is many.
Ok - now I'm confused ..... :wink:

This Forum Section is meant for QCAD Pro questions and the Pro Version has a multi page functionality. But in your post I can see that you are apparently talking about the QCAD Community Version - which has not a multi page functionality.

If you are using the Pro Version - there must be a "Single Page" option.
Husky-2015.10.25-06.png
QCAD Pro
Husky-2015.10.25-06.png (64.34 KiB) Viewed 4334 times
But if your are actually using the community Version - there isn't a multi page option and it should not display any multi page possibility's.

Please double check the QCAD Version again and tell me which one is now correct. And this Floor plan - is that a new designed drawing which is entirely designed in this QCAD Version or is it an imported drawing from somewhere else? Is it possible for you to attach this drawing to this thread? Thanks you!
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

c_hurley
Newbie Member

Post by c_hurley » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:04 pm

Sorry, Husky.

I thought I was posting on the Community Edition section.

I'll take my question over there.

Thanks for the help.

carl

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”