drop down menus

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Brianparramore

drop down menus

Post by Brianparramore » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:05 pm

I am using version 3.2.1. I find that the drop down menus are very sensitive, which makes them difficult to use. I do not recall this difficulty in prior versions. Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity in the selection process in the drop down menus?

andrew
Site Admin

Re: drop down menus

Post by andrew » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:45 pm

Can you please ellaborate? What do you mean by 'drop down menus'? The menus at the top or combo boxes to select a value from a list of different values? What do you mean by 'sensitive'? Thanks.

Brianparramore

Post by Brianparramore » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:38 pm

When selecting a tool, perhaps draw, line, from angle, as I slide across from each drop down menu to the next, alignment of the cursor must be exactly perfect, or the progression to the next menu fails. I have not noticed this in prior versions of QCad, nor in other software. Is it adjustable somewhere, or can the dropdown menus be made bigger to create a wider path for the cursor to travel in?

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:00 pm

Hi Brianparramore,
Brianparramore wrote:When selecting a tool, perhaps draw, line, from angle, as I slide across from each drop down menu to the next, alignment of the cursor must be exactly perfect, or the progression to the next menu fails. I have not noticed this in prior versions of QCad, nor in other software. Is it adjustable somewhere, or can the dropdown menus be made bigger to create a wider path for the cursor to travel in?
Maybe it's easier for you to use the Keyboard to maneuver through the menus instead of using the mouse:
Alt + d (opens the Draw menu),
l (opens the Line menu),
a (for the "Line from Angle" tool),
return to launch that chosen tool.

Note: "Alt" will activate the Menu and then have a close look to the Underlined Letters in the menu to chose the right drop down menu / tool.

You can also maneuver through the menus with the Keyboard Arrows like up, down, right left.

Another way to launch a tool directly would be to know the Shortcut for each tool. The shortcut for the "Line from Angle" tool would be L, A.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”