2 Silly questions

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

jminffordd
Registered Member

2 Silly questions

Post by jminffordd » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:28 pm

Hi,

I am new to Qcad but I have a tiny bit of experience with auto cad. Can anyone answer me two probably silly questions. I have just drawn a small switch plate that contains a square with an irregular shape in it, the irregular shape has to be black how do I colour fill the shape. And, when I print, I want to print the actual sized component that I have drawn, the preferences are set to print 1:1 but the actual print is about 1:1 1/4 size. Any ideas please.

Regards,

Jonathan

andrew
Site Admin

Re: 2 Silly questions

Post by andrew » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:40 pm

jminffordd wrote:I am new to Qcad but I have a tiny bit of experience with auto cad. Can anyone answer me two probably silly questions. I have just drawn a small switch plate that contains a square with an irregular shape in it, the irregular shape has to be black how do I colour fill the shape.
The hatch tool can also be used to create solid fills:
Draw > Hatch > Hatch from Selection
http://qcad.org/doc/qcad/latest/referen ... mSelection
jminffordd wrote:And, when I print, I want to print the actual sized component that I have drawn, the preferences are set to print 1:1 but the actual print is about 1:1 1/4 size. Any ideas please.
Setting the scale to 1:1 is the correct way to print 1:1, yes. Although scale is usually a bit off, it shouldn't be by that much. Can you try to print a 100x100mm square and check the result? If you cannot solve the problem, please attach your drawing file (DXF, DWG).

jminffordd
Registered Member

Post by jminffordd » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:21 pm

Andrew,

Thanks for the reply.

The hatch works but only appears to come in black, the printing of the switch plate which as drawn measures 64mm wide is being printed at 119mm wide. Another anomaly that has become apparent, is the text colour. The back ground of the label is black and would be printed on clear waterslide transfer sheets, it has the words "wipers and on and off" printed on the black back ground, these would be drawn in white so that when printed on the water slide they would be clear, see through. The program does not seem to allow writing in white on a black back ground. Any ideas.

I have to say at this point that this sort of thing will not be my primary use of the package but it is something that I undertake from time to time.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:09 pm

Hello Jonathan - welcome to the forum.
jminffordd wrote:The program does not seem to allow writing in white on a black back ground. Any ideas.
There is an option in QCAD to prevent a white on white / black on black display. Play around with that option and see what happens. Check also the Color for the Background. You will find the settings also below Graphic View / Colors.
Husky-2016.11.14-01.png
Husky-2016.11.14-01.png (102.74 KiB) Viewed 3422 times
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:22 pm

jminffordd wrote:... plate which as drawn measures 64mm wide is being printed at 119mm wide.
Please check the Print scale - in this case it needs to be 1:1
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:20 am

jminffordd wrote:The hatch works but only appears to come in black
Colors are typically controlled by layer in CAD. See also:
http://www.qcad.org/rsforum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=2611
http://www.qcad.org/rsforum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=3202

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”