[solved] demon line / bermuda "triangle"

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

tkyler

[solved] demon line / bermuda "triangle"

Post by tkyler » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:50 pm

I imported a DXF from another CAD program and was cleaning it up...moving entities to new layers and such and came across some kind of "demon line"....where it won't select using BR > UL dragging. This is mostly a curiosity post about what might cause such an issue. ...clearly I just drew a new line on the correct layer and kept on going, Actually...all the lines on this original imported layer won't select in this manner...I have yet to find a layer setting that might affect it. Just a curiosity...or if I'm missing a feature I'm not aware of

3.29.3 / OSX 14 / Arm (M1)
Attachments
demon_line.gif
demon_line.gif (2.62 MiB) Viewed 1211 times

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: demon line / bermuda "triangle"

Post by Husky » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:18 pm

Without seeing the actual dxf I would assume you imported a drawing with 3D entities. Qcad is a plaine 2D application.

Try to flatten the drawing to 2D below:
Menu > Misc > Modify > Flatten Drawing to 2D
and test it again ...
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

tkyler

Re: demon line / bermuda "triangle"

Post by tkyler » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:38 pm

Ah, that was it...thank you Husky, excellent call. Another knowledge point!

I guess I thought that QCAD being a 2D only might automatically perform such an action when opening files; however, I suppose preserving data is warrated should a user want to open the file in the original (or similar 3D) application. Thx again.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”