language menù - cannot change language

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

enrifisa
Registered Member

language menù - cannot change language

Post by enrifisa » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:57 am

When I try to change language the program doesn't change language. It remains English although when I call the language menu it displays the name of the language chosen.
I found the in the program folder there are also italian files but in the menu I can't choose my language.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:55 am

QCAD 3 only supports English at this point (see also file readme.txt or Help - Show Readme).

The QCAD 3 final release will support English, German, French, Italian and Spanish.

hungerburg
Premier Member

Post by hungerburg » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:53 pm

andrew wrote:The QCAD 3 final release will support English, German, French, Italian and Spanish.
RC2 is partially localized; I did spot an error though: it is "schließen" instead of "schliessen", with a sharp-ß.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:04 pm

hungerburg wrote:RC2 is partially localized; I did spot an error though: it is "schließen" instead of "schliessen", with a sharp-ß.
I've decided not to use ß for now as we don't use that character in Switzerland and I'm unfamiliar with the rules involved. Eventually, a proper de_DE localization might be provided, no promise for QCAD 3 though.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:56 pm

andrew wrote:I'm unfamiliar with the rules involved
It's really complicated - but "Schließen" is correct!

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”