woeful printer functions

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

lowell@testimonial
Registered Member

woeful printer functions

Post by lowell@testimonial » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:18 pm

is it safe to assume (hope?) that the printer functions in QCad Version 3.0 RC3 are a work in progress? On my Windows 7 (Home) 'puter, "Auto fit drawing to page" is a fatal mistake. My only way out is to quit/re-open the file. There is no "custom fit" of a sketch to the paper size - only the pre-ordained scale relationships.

Clive

Re: woeful printer functions

Post by Clive » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:36 pm

lowell@testimonial wrote:is it safe to assume (hope?) that the printer functions in QCad Version 3.0 RC3 are a work in progress? On my Windows 7 (Home) 'puter, "Auto fit drawing to page" is a fatal mistake. My only way out is to quit/re-open the file. There is no "custom fit" of a sketch to the paper size - only the pre-ordained scale relationships.
Rather than quit/re-open file! ...in the scale option in "print preview" select scale 1:1, this will take your drawing back to your original size (common practice anyway to draft in 1:1 -then set your desired scale for printing).

True there is no "custom fit" option -you can add a feature/or bug request here:

http://www.ribbonsoft.com/bugtracker/

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”