QCAD 3.0 RC2 crashes on open - Linux

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

HerbSmith

QCAD 3.0 RC2 crashes on open - Linux

Post by HerbSmith » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:06 pm

I downloaded the latest QCAD 3.0 RC2 version for Linux. I used the zip file version. I extracted it but when I run the startup script QCAD starts to open, the main window appears, but just before the actual drawing screen appears, it crashes and closes. I see these message in the terminal window:

Debug: Init script plugins...
Warning: RGuiAction::getByScriptFile: no action found: "Scheme"
Debug: TIMER: 2021 ms - "loading and initializing plugins"
Warning: QScriptEngine::newVariant(): changing class of non-QScriptObject not supported
Debug: Creating storage...
Debug: Creating spatial index...
Debug: Creating document...
Debug: Creating MDI child...
Debug: Initialize Viewports...
Debug: Init graphics view...
Debug: Init scrollbars...
Debug: Init rulers...
Debug: Init idle and default actions...
Warning: QScriptEngine::newVariant(): changing class of non-QScriptObject not supported
Debug: Show MDI child...
Debug: Init event handler...
Debug: updateScenes...
Debug: updateGuiActions...
Debug: notifyListenersSlot...

(qcad-bin:10530): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Bug! loader 'png' didn't set an error on failure

(qcad-bin:10530): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'window-close' for stock: Internal error: Image loader module 'png' failed to complete an operation, but didn't give a reason for the failure

(qcad-bin:10530): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

** (qcad-bin:10530): CRITICAL **: murrine_style_draw_render_icon: assertion `base_pixbuf != NULL' failed

(qcad-bin:10530): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_style_render_icon: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

(qcad-bin:10530): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_pixels: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(qcad-bin:10530): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_width: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(qcad-bin:10530): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_height: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed
./qcad: line 35: 10530 Segmentation fault LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$DIR" "$binary" $OPT1 $OPT2 "$@"

Any thoughts as to how to fix this?
Thanks,
Herb

Clive

Post by Clive » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:33 pm

Hi Herbsmith

I originally did the same for my laptop (Ubuntu 11.10) but Then used the Installer instead and saved the bin file to my desktop and ran it from there.

HerbSmith

Post by HerbSmith » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:49 pm

Ok, well, I tried that. Ran the installer, got the desktop icon, but it still crashes. The main window just flashes and disappears. I got this message when I ran the qcad-bin file from the terminal:

error while loading shared libraries: libQtWebKit.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I'm running Linux-Mint, which is built from Ubuntu, so I was hopeful, but no luck yet.

Herb

Clive

Post by Clive » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:51 pm

HerbSmith wrote:Ok, well, I tried that. Ran the installer, got the desktop icon, but it still crashes. The main window just flashes and disappears. I got this message when I ran the qcad-bin file from the terminal:

error while loading shared libraries: libQtWebKit.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I'm running Linux-Mint, which is built from Ubuntu, so I was hopeful, but no luck yet.

Herb
Did you install the 32b libs?

from terminal run

sudo apt-get install ia32-libs

HerbSmith

Post by HerbSmith » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:59 pm

Clive,

It says that it's not available. Perhaps I'm not connected to the correct repo. Do you know which repo it's in?

Herb

Clive

Post by Clive » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:19 pm

HerbSmith wrote:Clive,

It says that it's not available. Perhaps I'm not connected to the correct repo. Do you know which repo it's in?

Herb
Forgive me if you`ve already done this -but I presume you have set permissions for QCAD?

HerbSmith

Post by HerbSmith » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:23 pm

QCAD shell script, QCAD Desktop config file, and qcad-bin all have read-only access for Others and the Run as program box is checked. Is there anything else that I need to be aware of?

Clive

Post by Clive » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:30 pm

HerbSmith wrote:QCAD shell script, QCAD Desktop config file, and qcad-bin all have read-only access for Others and the Run as program box is checked. Is there anything else that I need to be aware of?
Im at work on windows at the moment but from memory all I did was;

1.Save as bin file to desktop from download area.

2.Right click bin file then set permissions to run/read & write.

3.Installed/ran program.

4.Installed 32b libs as quoted and all was OK!

HerbSmith

Post by HerbSmith » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:31 pm

I tried running from the terminal window...I got a number of messages, but the last one was this:

./qcad: line 35: 11573 Segmentation fault LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$DIR" "$binary" $OPT1 $OPT2 "$@"

The library that it's looking for, libQtWebKit.so.4 is located in the directory with the QCAD script. It "seems" like it has a bad definition for the library path where the seg fault is showing up. Does that make any sense?

Clive

Post by Clive » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:42 pm

HerbSmith wrote:I tried running from the terminal window...I got a number of messages, but the last one was this:

./qcad: line 35: 11573 Segmentation fault LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$DIR" "$binary" $OPT1 $OPT2 "$@"

The library that it's looking for, libQtWebKit.so.4 is located in the directory with the QCAD script. It "seems" like it has a bad definition for the library path where the seg fault is showing up. Does that make any sense?
Hmm -not really!

HerbSmith

Post by HerbSmith » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:51 pm

Clive,

Ok, well thanks for the help anyway. This is clearly beyond my ability to make any sense out of it.

Herb

Clive

Post by Clive » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:09 pm

Ok, well thanks for the help anyway. This is clearly beyond my ability to make any sense out of it.

Herb
Ok try again -From bin file e.g on desktop
1.Right click - set permissions > Allow executable for program.

2.from terminal -run

~Desktop/
chmod a+x qcad-3.0.0-rc2-prof-linux.bin
./qcad-3.0.0-rc2-prof-linux.bin

HerbSmith

Post by HerbSmith » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:21 pm

Clive,

Ok, did all that...same result.

Herb[/quote]

Clive

Post by Clive » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:30 pm

Ok, did all that...same result.

Herb
[/quote]

Ok - lets hope Andrew will pick this up and make sense of it, I think if it was me I would report this also;

http://www.ribbonsoft.com/bugtracker/

HerbSmith

Post by HerbSmith » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:32 pm

Yes, I can do that. For what it's worth, the same exact behavior happens on my Fedora 14 system as well. So I don't think it's anything to do with the fact that I'm running Linux Mint rather than Ubuntu.

Thanks for your help.

Herb

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”