Not sure if I this is a bug or a feature. I used V3 RC5 for this.
A block created in a layer
- will keep the layercolor if copied or moved to an other layer even if property color is set to 'By Layer'
- will be subject to the invisible property of the layer its was created in and the layer it was copied to
Is such behavior features or bugs?
Steps to reproduce:
I created a layer 'Hilfekonstruktion' and set the layer color to yellow.
- designed in this layer a rectangle consisting of 4 lines.
- as I needed several copies of it I decided to join them in a block.
- the lines color was set to 'By Layer'
Created two more layers. 'Varainte 1' color green and 'Varainte 2' color light blue.
Copied the block (with reference) in layer 'Hilfskonstruktion' and pasted it in Layer 'Varainte 1'
- was astonished to see block in yellow
Cut the block (with reference) in layer 'Hilfskonstruktion' and pasted it in Layer 'Varainte 2'
- again did see it in yellow.
First I thought, the blocks had not been moved to 'Varainte 1' and 'Varainte 2'. But now I do have the following behavior. But if I hide the layers in 'Layer List' I get the following behavior:
- if I set 'Hilfskonstruktion' to invisible all blocks disappear. So I set 'Hilfskonstruktion' back to visible
- if I set 'Varainte 1' to invisible the blocks in just this layer disappear
- if I set 'Varainte 2' to invisible the blocks in just this layer disappear
I then saved the file. When I reopened it the blocks still showed the same behavior. And there was even an additional Layer named 'Defpoints'! I'm pretty sure I did not create it...