main Qcad window oversized

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

terpic
Newbie Member

main Qcad window oversized

Post by terpic » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:52 pm

qcad3 window.jpg
qcad3 window.jpg (306.48 KiB) Viewed 7743 times
This is strange, for no apparent reason the main Qcad 3 trial window has become oversized and the programme is unusable because all of the controls are off the screen. The window can't be minimised or closed other than with ctl-alt-del and it can't be moved. I'm running it on linux and can't find a config file to see if there's anything to alter such as default window size.

Any help would be much appreciated.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: main Qcad window oversized

Post by andrew » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:00 pm

First, please try to reset the configuration:

- Quit QCAD
- Delete the file ~/.config/RibbonSoft/QCAD3.ini

Start QCAD again.

Please let me know if that does not solve it.

terpic
Newbie Member

Post by terpic » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:07 pm

Hello Andrew

I'm afraid that didn't fix it, is there anything to alter in /.config/RibbonSoft/QCAD3conf ?

terpic
Newbie Member

Post by terpic » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:29 pm

I have deleted then reinstalled Qcad 3 after deleting the Ribbonsoft directory in /.config, it has improved the problem as Qcad now opens in a fixed window on the desktop. There isn't a windows bar at the top of the screen and no means of getting one that I can see, so I can't move the Qcad window with the mouse, I can switch to full screen mode using the full screen mode in the window button and can close Qcad using quit in the file button.

terpic
Newbie Member

Post by terpic » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:07 am

Hi

I think I've solved this one. For some reason the window settings somehow got messed up, the only thing I can think that may have caused it was trying to open a .dwg file which came up with an error saying Qcad couldn't open it, the problem started after that (I won't try to recreate it)

I messed around in the KDE module "window rules" and set the "window class (application)" setting to; kwin_rules_dialog kwin_rules_dialog, highlighted "dialog window" and in "appearances and fixes" I ticked window type and set this to force and panel (dock).

Not entirely sure why this fixed it but it seems to work ok now.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”