Clicking on blocks deletes the whole drawing

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

kellyc
Registered Member

Clicking on blocks deletes the whole drawing

Post by kellyc » Thu May 29, 2014 7:55 pm

Hello--I have the latest version of QCad.

I neglected to save my work this morning (my bad) and have at least two hours into this drawing. I created a block and needed to change its layer. When I clicked on the block, everything else went away...and I have no idea why or where it can be retrieved. This has happened before, and I should have saved my work sooner...but is there a way to go find all the work I did--in some temporary file? I'm about to cry... :-( (I tried re-opening the last autosave, which has worked in the past, but today, it didn't...there was nothing there.)

thanks for your help

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Clicking on blocks deletes the whole drawing

Post by Husky » Thu May 29, 2014 8:49 pm

kellyc wrote:When I clicked on the block, everything else went away...and I have no idea why or where it can be retrieved.
Hi,

it sounds to me that you are accidentally starts the edit modus for the block with a double-click. To return to your main drawing just quit the edit modus with clicking the X in your Blocklist.
Husky-2014.05.29-03.png
Husky-2014.05.29-03.png (15.6 KiB) Viewed 3445 times
Also a double-click in your Blocklist on "Model_Space" will bring you back to the main drawing.

To adjust the behavior for this feature you can tick or untick this function in the Application Preferences.
Husky-2014.05.29-01.png
Husky-2014.05.29-01.png (35.38 KiB) Viewed 3445 times
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”