Crash on existing drawing load

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

schmidtw
Newbie Member

Crash on existing drawing load

Post by schmidtw » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:29 am

I have been running QCAD 3 from sources for quite a while without any issue until a crash last night. I don't recall the # (I wish I did). However when I updated to the latest in git, QCAD crashes anytime I load any drawing - complex or simple. I decided to revert back to 864d177ed3af62d5baad2300ee50e730a5abd962 (3.5.1.3) in hopes it would get better. No luck.

I'm running fully patched Fedora 19.

qt.x86_64 1:4.8.6-5.fc19
qt.i686 1:4.8.6-5.fc19
3.13.9-100.fc19.x86_64

I'm attaching one of the very simple drawings that causes the crash. Any ideas?
Attachments
gutter.dxf
Simple gutter drawing.
(26.81 KiB) Downloaded 394 times

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Crash on existing drawing load

Post by andrew » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:39 am

Do you always do a full clean / rebuild after updating sources? This is required since header files might have changed and existing compiled object files might have used old header files which leads to unpredictable behavior (read 'crashes').

Out of curiosity, why are you not using the official builds? You can download packages from our web site at:
http://qcad.org/en/qcad-downloads-trial

schmidtw
Newbie Member

Re: Crash on existing drawing load

Post by schmidtw » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:59 am

Cleaning & rebuilding solved the problem.

I'm running from source because at one point I got so tired of the bugs that were in the released version that I decided to switch to the source so I could work on fixing the bugs. When I switched to the trunk version, the problems were solved & overall several things were/are much better (except for the crash - which is now gone!).

Thanks,
Wes

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”