too big

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

unktim

too big

Post by unktim » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:01 pm

I just bought QCAD Pro. when I load it it covers the entire screen including the system tray, making it impossible to toggle back and forth between qcad and the manual. Is there a way to re-size it? I am using a Toshiba Tecra M10 with a dual core processor with 2.4 ghz, 4G RAM and 256GB HD.I am running windows vista and Ubuntu 12.04 side by side.(HD evenly split.) unktim

[Edit: Moved to relevant forum by Mod]

andrew
Site Admin

Re: too big

Post by andrew » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:35 am

Please close some of the dockable widgets at the right (Layer List, Block List, etc.).
Then resize QCAD and enable those widgets you need again, one by one. This should help you to figure out which widget takes too much space on your screen.
With all dockable widgets closed, you can make QCAD as small as 320x280.

unktim

Post by unktim » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:07 pm

I removed all widgets. I cannot remove the trial widget although I paid for the pro version.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:12 pm

You are still using the trial version of QCAD. Please download and install the full version instead.

Please find our detailed instructions for (re-)downloading / updating QCAD Professional or the QCAD E-Book or for downloading an invoice of your order in PDF format on our web site at:
http://www.qcad.org/en/customer-area

You have also received an e-mail with a direct download link in it.
The e-mail subject is '[RibbonSoft Online Shop] Virtual product(s) available for download'.

unktim

Post by unktim » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:13 pm

Andrew,
Okay! I have my pro version and I'm Exploring the book and the program. Thank you so much for all your help. unktim

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”