[SOLVED]QCad new build from Git, can't move relative zero

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

edvard

[SOLVED]QCad new build from Git, can't move relative zero

Post by edvard » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:16 pm

QCad version: 3.6.0.2; latest build from Git pull 6/6/14

Here's what's happening:
I want to move an entity or draw a line, and I want the start or destination to be something relative to another point, and it needs to be exact, so I will be typing in the coordinates rather than mousing. In ver 3.4, I would select my tool (whether modification or drawing) select the "Set Relative Zero" icon at the bottom of the tool panel, set relative zero to wherever I want, and then type in my destination coordinates with "@" to modify or draw.
In ver. 3.6, after clicking the "Set Relative Zero" icon, it asks for "Reference Point", and I click where I want to set the Relative Zero, but it doesn't set. Neither does typing in the coordinates for Relative Zero. The Relative Zero just stays where it is. Relative Zero does move when I draw a new line or move something, which is normal. I've tried re-compiling and the behavior is still there. Running from the command line, I can't see any debug output from setting relative zero. Any ideas? I've been using QCad since 2004 and really miss this feature.

Thank you,
-Eddy
Last edited by edvard on Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: QCad new build from Git, can't move relative zero

Post by andrew » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:50 pm

Thanks for your report.

Please note that 3.6.0.2 is a snapshot release. For production use please check out 3.6.0.0.

edvard

Post by edvard » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:58 pm

Thanks, I didn't see it was available as a zip, so I was just doing git clone and pull. Building version 3.6.0.0 now, I will report if anything is different.

edvard

Post by edvard » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:54 am

Just tested new build of version 3.6.0.0. All works as expected. Thanks

edvard

Re: [SOLVED]QCad new build from Git, can't move relative zer

Post by edvard » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:27 pm

Just tried out a new git pull (ver. 3.6.2.0), works as expected now. Also, I just realized I should probably have reported this in the bugtracker instead of here. I'll do that now on for snapshot builds.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”