line problem

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

unktim

line problem

Post by unktim » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:50 am

I bought qcad pro a couple of weeks ago. I have been checking it out and working a couple of exercises. Everything was great until two nights ago. I selected the line from two points. I clicked the first point but as soon as I started to move the mouse it shot out an infinite line. I get the same results with horizontal
and vertical lines. I thought that i might have done something while i was setting preferences but i opened a drawing that i had done a few days before and tried drawing a line from two points and i got the infinite line, so something changed between the time that I drew that drawing and now. I tried everything I could think of. Help! unktim

OS is Windows Vista and The qcad version is 3.6.0

I just discovered something else. I was trying to shorten a line but when I clicked on the line I got a window that said selection is neither a line or an arc.

Clive

Re: line problem

Post by Clive » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:21 am

Hi unktim
There are now options to create an X or Ray (infinite lines) when drawing lines and other entities, just make sure you select the correct status when drawing your lines. Next to the line icon you will find the options - select what you need from there.

The Red highlighted is the 'normal' line from 2 points option, the others are X and Ray line options:
Options pic 1.png
Options pic 1.png (4.26 KiB) Viewed 4342 times

You have selected a Polyline, that's why you got the warning dialog window, to break the polyline back down again to single line segments just simply explode it and then try again.

For more information on Polylines Go to - Help > Reference Manual:
Draw Polyline.png
Draw Polyline.png (17.03 KiB) Viewed 4340 times
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

unktim

Re: line problem

Post by unktim » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:50 pm

Thanks Clive. I did not realize until now that the status bar appeared when you select a line. The ray option was selected. I selected the line segment button and got my line back.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”