Spline (Fit Points) corner control not working ...

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Spline (Fit Points) corner control not working ...

Post by Husky » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:01 pm

If I use the "Spline (Control Points)" tool I'm able to control with multi mouse clicks (1, 2 or 3 clicks) the shape of a corner.
Husky-2014.08.13-02.png
Husky-2014.08.13-02.png (5.34 KiB) Viewed 4317 times
If I try to do the same control on the "Spline (Fit Points)" tool it will quit proper working and I can't finish the task. Isn't it designed for that or what is the reason for this behavior?

Just curios: Is a "Spline (Fit Points)" comparable to a Beziér curve?
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Spline (Fit Points) corner control not working ...

Post by andrew » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:08 am

Husky wrote:If I try to do the same control on the "Spline (Fit Points)" tool it will quit proper working and I can't finish the task. Isn't it designed for that or what is the reason for this behavior?
A spline defined by control points can have multiple control points at the same position. The spline then gets closer to that control point.

A spline defined by fit points goes exactly through those fit points. A spline cannot go 'even more exactly' through that point. Consecutive points at the same position lead to unspecified behavior.
Husky wrote:Just curios: Is a "Spline (Fit Points)" comparable to a Beziér curve?
The terms Splines, NURBS and Bézier curves are related but not equivalent. This is a relatively complex topic to broad to cover in this post :?

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Spline (Fit Points) corner control not working ...

Post by Husky » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:23 pm

andrew wrote:
Husky wrote:A spline defined by fit points goes exactly through those fit points. A spline cannot go 'even more exactly' through that point. Consecutive points at the same position lead to unspecified behavior.
Now the dime has fallen ...
Makes sense! :wink:
andrew wrote: ... is a relatively complex topic to broad to cover in this post :?
Yes, of course. Howsoever - thanks for the info! :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”