3D DWG from Autodesk Inventor

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

andrew
Site Admin

3D DWG from Autodesk Inventor

Post by andrew » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:06 am

From a QCAD user:
I'm trying to find a way to open a 3D DWG from Autodesk Inventor. I've tried multiple exports in various formats, and all read "correctly" into QCAD:

Format: R21 (2007) DWG Drawing (Teigha) (*.dwg)
Format: R24 (2010) DWG Drawing (Teigha) (*.dwg)

...however the opened drawing is always a blank, white page. No errors, nada.

I'll try to get a sample file without too much important stuff in it if you don't have a quick idea.

Also: When using dwg2pdf to batch-create flat PDF previews of a folder of items, sometimes DWGs come out as all white, even with the -a flag set (although this improves the situation a bit). I'm not sure if the two are related, although the end effect is the same.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: 3D DWG from Autodesk Inventor

Post by andrew » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:08 am

Most likely, the DWG files that come out blank contain entities that are not supported by QCAD, such as 3DFACE, 3DSOLID, MESH, etc.

Another possibility is that the drawings contain nothing in model space but all in a paper space. In that case, you'd have to change the current block in the block list to view the drawing.

If you can attach or e-mail a drawing file, I can tell you more.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”