Lines of imported files are locked; Downgrade QCAD Pro?

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Tillmann
Newbie Member

Lines of imported files are locked; Downgrade QCAD Pro?

Post by Tillmann » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:14 pm

Working QCAD version: 3.6.4 (Demo Verision)
Current QCAD version: 3.7.0 Pro | Build Date: Oct 23 2014 | Qt Version: 4.7.4

Hello dear QCAD community,

I use QCAD for a commercial project in which I create floor plans.

I tried the program with the demo as it was the version 3.6.4 and everything worked just fine. As the demo expired I bought of course the pro license with the version 3.7.0. Here began the problems

I describe my workflow so you can understand what's happening and why:
First I want to import a *.pdf-file into CorelDRAW X4 for being able to convert the file to a *.dwg. Whyever, CorelDRAW isn't able to read the PDF I got from the company I work for so I need to convert the files to sth. readable. My approach is to use Adobe Reader and PDF24 to print out a new PDF which is readable for CorelDRAW X4. Once I imported the new *.pdf, I export a *.dwg and import this in QCAD.

Works fine.
But when I try to change the length of lines via numbers, I see that the number field is grey and locked - I can't change the value. All layers aren't locked of course. As far as I saw no other functions are locked.

This wouldn't bother me, if there weren't the problem that properties of the locked lines don't get exported when I export an *.svg.
When I import the *.svg in CorelDRAW X4 the lines which were locked in QCAD before, didn't get any thickness or other properties.

With the version 3.6.4 the problem with the locked lines after imprting files in QCAD was existent, but I was able to get the line properties in CorelDRAW (rounded corners, line thickness, color, etc.)

I hope that you can help with this problem. Otherwise I think about downgrading the pro lisence to 3.6.4 even though don't still know how that is possible.
It would be great if you could tell me if this is possible. Would be a temporary solution until the problem is solved.

Greetings
Tillmann

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Lines of imported files are locked; Downgrade QCAD Pro?

Post by andrew » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:55 pm

Please attach or e-mail the drawing files if possible, thanks.

Tillmann
Newbie Member

Post by Tillmann » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:08 pm

I've attached three files:
  • SVG file
    CDR file (CorelDRAW X4) - Not possible to attach. Sorry.
    DWG file
And here are some images.

Here you can see how it looks like when the lines of the imported floor plan are locked.

Here you can see how it looks like after I imported the SVG in CorelDRAW X4. Not selected.

And here the same, but selected. Lines are existent as you can see.

Thank you for your help!
Attachments
GE_3-3_02.svg
(1.94 MiB) Downloaded 430 times
GE_3-3_01.dwg
(180.24 KiB) Downloaded 359 times

Clive

Post by Clive » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:58 pm

Hi Tillmann

1. Make visible layers you need to work on, make invisible all other layers.
2. Select everything on the two visible layers.
3. Use Explode tool (dynamite icon) to explode the splines.
4. You will be left with lines only to work and edit, lengths can be determined now.
5. Hatches can be rebuilt now if needed.
Pic 1.png
Pic 1.png (15.97 KiB) Viewed 5547 times
Revised DWG file:
GE_3-3_01. revision.dwg
(777.57 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:38 am

Tillmann wrote:Here you can see how it looks like when the lines of the imported floor plan are locked.
The entity you have selected in your first screenshot is not locked, it is a spline curve and not (as probably expected) a line entity.
The length of a spline cannot be edited as property (making a spline longer is not a mathematically defined operation).
dpubayrm.png
dpubayrm.png (5.89 KiB) Viewed 5658 times
Here you can see how it looks like after I imported the SVG in CorelDRAW X4. Not selected.
This is a problem with the pen attributes of the exported splines. I've fixed the problem for the next QCAD release.
For now, you might want to assign a pen to the selected entities in your target application (e.g. black, 0.5mm).

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:09 am

QCAD 3.7.1 has been released which should fix this problem.

For convenience, I've also added a new simple tool that converts all straight splines into lines:
Misc > Modify > Convert straight splines to lines

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”