polylineappend broken in QCAD Pro 3.7.1???

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

sbrown
Registered Member

polylineappend broken in QCAD Pro 3.7.1???

Post by sbrown » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:41 pm

Hello,

I am new to QCAD and just recently purchased the pro version. I am running version 3.7.1 on Windows 8 64-bit. After converting a series of connected line segments into a polyline, I am unable to add new segments to the end of the polyline. After clicking the polylineappend button or entering the command, I am prompted to select the polyline to be appended to, but clicking the last segment at either end of the polyline whether in the middle or at the end point does nothing.

Since I've not used QCAD previously, I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if there is a problem with the software. Can anyone else confirm how polylineappend is supposed to work and that it works properly in version 3.7.1?

Thanks,

Steve

andrew
Site Admin

Re: polylineappend broken in QCAD Pro 3.7.1???

Post by andrew » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:53 pm

Yes, thanks for your report.

A bug report has been created at:
http://www.qcad.org/bugtracker/index.ph ... sk_id=1121

A possible workaround is to explode the polyline and work with regular line tools. The loose line segments can be converted into a polyline again anytime using Draw > Polyline > Create from Segments

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”