Breakout Problem

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Clive

Breakout Problem

Post by Clive » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:23 pm

If I breakout a line on one layer it also deletes a line (the small Cyan construction line) stacked on a different layer at the same time?

This has to be a bug?
Breakout Test.png
Breakout Test.png (3.34 KiB) Viewed 3667 times
Breakout test.dxf
(99.79 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Breakout Problem

Post by andrew » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:37 pm

I don't think the cyan line on layer "2.Construction Line" is deleted. Rather the blue line that is underneath is moved to the top (display order).

This happens because technically, the divide tool creates two entities from one. Only one of the two entities can have the same draw order as the original, but in this case, that part has a length of zero and is deleted. The other part of the split up line is a new entity, hence placed on top.

Clive

Post by Clive » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:45 pm

Okay, this is a bit confusing then because if I place the construction line over the top you would expect this line to remain on top - would'n't you ?
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:55 pm

Yes, I understand that this might be confusing, since it looks like you are modifying an entity when in fact you are creating a new one (see above).

Clive

Post by Clive » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:25 am

Okay once it's explained I understand the logic, however like I say if you are unaware of the logic ... and I would think most users would be in my opinion, then they would probably have the same reaction as I did!

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”