Keyboard shortcuts cease working

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

deets
Registered Member

Keyboard shortcuts cease working

Post by deets » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:52 pm

Hi,

just bought my QCad Pro + Book, and am mostly happy. One snag hits me repeatedly though: As avid Emacs user, I love my keyboard shortcuts, and QCad comes with plenty.

However, it frequently loses the ability to listen to them. I can't really reproduce this, but what happens is that I'm working along, and all of a sudden, no keyboard shortcuts anymore. I can enter commands in the commandline, but not as shortcuts.

A restart always solves this, but for unknown lengths. And continuing to work usually as well, although it's obviously distracting to always try & hope they start working again.

I've searched the manual & forum low and high - but no entry described this issue.
QCad: 3.8.1.0 - OS X Yosemite (10.10)

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Keyboard shortcuts cease working

Post by andrew » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:31 am

Most likely what is happening is that a key code is entered that does not exist. Let's say you've just pressed the 'Y' key with the intention to add a layer (YA). Now you change your mind and want to draw a line instead. You enter L and then I. QCAD now looks for a keycode 'YL' or 'YLI', both not existing.

If that happens, simply press the Escape key before entering a new key code. For example:

Y - Escape - L - I

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”