ACAD Proxy Entities Don't Appear

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

rsteaples
Registered Member

ACAD Proxy Entities Don't Appear

Post by rsteaples » Fri May 08, 2015 10:33 pm

I purchased QCad Pro to be able to read and print AutoCAD drawings from clients, which are typically Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams with 50 or so layers. Some of the drawings clearly have large numbers of entities missing. If I open the same drawing using DraftSight the drawing is complete. I researched the problem and found that all the missing drawing elements are of a type called an "ACAD PROXY ENTITY". In order to use QCAD to view the drawing I have to first open it in DraftSight and save it as an AutoCAD R12 drawing. Unfortunately, I can't post the original drawings because they're confidential, but a Google search for ACAD PROXY ENTITY returns a few thousand hits on the subject. Apparently they can't be deleted, not even in AutoCAD.

Is there any way to make these proxy objects visible in QCAD?

Thanks

QCAD
Version: 3.9.1.0 (3.9.1)
Build Date: Mar 13 2015
Qt Version: 4.8.4
Compiler: gcc 4.4.3

running on
Linux 3.16.7-7-desktop
openSUSE 13.2 (Harlequin) (x86_64)
KDE Platform Version 4.14.6

andrew
Site Admin

Re: ACAD Proxy Entities Don't Appear

Post by andrew » Mon May 11, 2015 8:00 am

rsteaples wrote:Is there any way to make these proxy objects visible in QCAD?
Proxy entities represent non-standard entities usually produced by specialized products. Such entities might represent walls, windows, doors or screws, etc.

QCAD has currently no support for displaying proxy entities. It might be possible to display proxy entities which reference data for visualization in the future. If other products can visualize the proxy entities in your drawings, there's a good chance that the proxy entities do reference data for visualization.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”