Drawing preferences and print settings

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

JulesB

Drawing preferences and print settings

Post by JulesB » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:05 pm

Hi guys,
I purchased QCAD Pro 3.7.7 and am running it on Windows 7.
Bit of a beginner's question.
I thought I was having a strange problem with print preview and printing A3 to PDF. Checked all the print settings and page size, but then I went in to check the drawing preferences later and noticed it was A1 in there. Does drawing preference always override printer settings for print preview and do you have to change it in there each time you want to view or print different sizes?
Cheers.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Drawing preferences and print settings

Post by andrew » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:07 pm

JulesB wrote:Checked all the print settings and page size, but then I went in to check the drawing preferences later and noticed it was A1 in there.
The print settings should be saved with the drawing. Common mistakes are:
- Mixing up Edit > Application preferences (for new drawings) and Edit > Drawing preferences (for current drawing)
- Not saving the drawing after changing settings
Does drawing preference always override printer settings for print preview and do you have to change it in there each time you want to view or print different sizes?
Yes, only one print setting (paper size, drawing scale, offset) can be saved with your drawing.

JulesB

Re: Drawing preferences and print settings

Post by JulesB » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:53 am

Ok 8) Thanks for your help Andrew.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”