QCad freezes everytime i open a file picker dialog

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

JotDora
Newbie Member

QCad freezes everytime i open a file picker dialog

Post by JotDora » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:53 pm

Hello,

i've just purchased QCad Pro, downloaded the latest Version (3.12.3) and are using Windows 10 (latest updates) x64.

QCad Pro starts up just fine and seems running ok. The install process was fast and without any Errors.
But everytime i open a file picker Dialog (open file, or Import Bitmap or whatever) a blank Dialog appears and QCad Pro freezes.
I have to terminate the process in Task Manager and start over but it freezes again if I open another file picker Dialog.

What can i do to resolve this issue? I can't use QCad (which seems promising) without working file picker Dialogs.
I've tried Windows compatibility Settings but nothing worked. In Task Manager there is no processor usage visible.

Thanks in advance and sorry if i misspelled some words, I'm german and english isn't my native tongue :)

regards

Sebastian

Edit: Attached a screenshot of the blank file picker Dialog and the not responding application
Steps to reproduce the issue:
- open QCAD
- klick on "Import Bitmap"
- => freeze
Attachments
not responding QCAD GUI.PNG
not responding QCAD GUI.PNG (111.41 KiB) Viewed 5859 times

JotDora
Newbie Member

Re: QCad freezes everytime i open a file picker dialog

Post by JotDora » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:42 pm

wow, after hours of trying....

I think i have the solution. I had a USB Transcend SD - Card Reader attached. After I removed this Device, the file picker Dialog appears!

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:19 am

Hallo Sebastian - willkommen im Forum
JotDora wrote:wow, after hours of trying....

I think i have the solution. I had a USB Transcend SD - Card Reader attached. After I removed this Device, the file picker Dialog appears!
Glad to here that!

JotDora wrote:Thanks in advance and sorry if i misspelled some words, I'm german and english isn't my native tongue :)
Wenn es Dir lieber ist Deine Postings in deutsch zu verfassen kannst Du das auch gerne in unserem Deutschen Unterforum machen.
viewforum.php?f=89
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:55 pm

There are now separate 64bit packages for Windows available which link against a newer Qt version (Qt 5). This might improve the situation with the file dialog. Please let me know if that is or is not the case if you have a chance to give it a try.

JotDora
Newbie Member

Post by JotDora » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:03 pm

Yes, I will give it a try and post back to you.

Regards

Sebastian

JotDora
Newbie Member

Post by JotDora » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:39 am

Hi there,

no that did not help either. But this SD Card Reader (which worked like a charm on Windows 7) caused a lot of Problems on Windows 10. Now i recognized that the Card Reader
- prevented Windows from shutting down
- massively slowed down the Startup process
- massively slowed down the Startup of the first Windows Explorer Instance/Window

=> garbage can

After unplugging this device QCAD runs just fine and seems worth the 40€ :)

regards

Sebastian

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”