Entry point not found / CRYPTO_memcmp / LIBEAY32.dll

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

andrew
Site Admin

Entry point not found / CRYPTO_memcmp / LIBEAY32.dll

Post by andrew » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:35 am

From a QCAD user:
QCAD on Windows 64bit shows the following error:
The procedure entry point CRYPTO_memcmp could not be located in the dynamic link library LIBEAY32.dll.
win_crypto.png
win_crypto.png (34.02 KiB) Viewed 12745 times

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Entry point not found / CRYPTO_memcmp / LIBEAY32.dll

Post by andrew » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:00 am

It looks like QCAD (or rather the Qt library QCAD is based on) is trying to access and use a broken OpenSSL installation on your system.

You can download prebuilt packages of OpenSSL for Windows from http://slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html
If you are on a 64bit Windows system, you might want to install the 64bit version of OpenSSL.

platinumshore

Post by platinumshore » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:54 am

Hi, I have this same problem, and have tried to install openssl which wasn't even installed on my system to begin with, but alas made no difference, so remove it. I did do a search for LIBEAY32.dll on my system and returned many different versions - seems to be package dependent, but none showing for Qcad. I can only quess Qcad is referencing a LIBEAY32.dll file in another package installed that doesn't have the required function - hence the error message ? Is there anyway I can find out which LIBEAY32.dll is been referenced ? Thanks for your help.

platinumshore

Post by platinumshore » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:01 am

Going to try an experiment and find the most upto date (by file date) LIBEAY32.dll on my system and copy it into my QCAD installation, hoping Qcad uses that one first and solves my problem ? Tried this with ver 1.0.2.1 of the dll, and the error message has altered. Would it be possible in a future release to add the required correct .dll in the installation of Qcad as going to be tricky to find one that works ? Thanks.
Attachments
2016-02-03_09-30-46.png
2016-02-03_09-30-46.png (17.49 KiB) Viewed 12727 times

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:28 am

I've installed "Win64 OpenSSL v1.0.2f Light" from http://slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html and it copied the file libeay32.dll into c:\Windows\System32 with md5 checksum: f376773ac6c23bf0d465d5a96c29d33f.
With that, SSL connections are working and I'm not getting any errors.

I'd rather not package OpenSSL DLL's with QCAD since OpenSSL is entirely optional when running QCAD under Windows. If no OpenSLL package is installed, QCAD will work just fine (without support for https URLs). With the OpenSLL package above installed it also seems to work fine here (with support for https URLs).

platinumshore

Post by platinumshore » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:40 pm

re: Thanks Andrew, but on my laptop I don't actually have openSSL installed, yet it is producing that error.
Last edited by platinumshore on Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

platinumshore

Post by platinumshore » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:43 pm

Going to try to install the 64bit version of openSSL again, but as mentioned, getting that .DLL error message without openssl been installed period.

platinumshore

Post by platinumshore » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:55 pm

Right good news - TEMPORARY installed the 64bit version of openSSL copied the libeay32.dll file from the openSSL directory into the Qcad 64 bit programfiles folder, then uninstalled the 64bit of openSLL... restarted Qcad and problem has gone away :-) But to re-emphasis without this specific .dll been referenced for library function calls latest version of Qcad wouldn't work properly. Referring to Qcad 64bit Pro version. Hope this helps someone else get Qcad pro working again. Thanks Andrew again for your help.

platinumshore

Post by platinumshore » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:00 pm

andrew wrote:If no OpenSLL package is installed, QCAD will work just fine (without support for https URLs).
Sorry Andrew but from my own experience, that statement appears to be wrong. Was getting the .dll error with no opensll package installed. But fine now that the latest libeay32.dll has been manually added to the Qcad installation folder - but likely to have to do it again, when I next update the package.
Last edited by platinumshore on Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:01 pm

platinumshore wrote:Sorry Andrew but from my own experience, that statement appears to be wrong. Was getting the .dll error with no opensll package installed.
OK, thanks for your input.
Could it be that another software package has installed OpenSSL and that DLL without you knowing?

platinumshore

Post by platinumshore » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:11 pm

andrew wrote:
platinumshore wrote:Sorry Andrew but from my own experience, that statement appears to be wrong. Was getting the .dll error with no opensll package installed.
OK, thanks for your input.
Could it be that another software package has installed OpenSSL and that DLL without you knowing?
Hi Andrew, that particular libeay32.dll file is common place (if not the version) and used in many packages (apache, ftp, vpn software, graphics software, even my company tax paye software hehe) not directly related to openssl (see screen capture of my laptop files), and didn't have problems with the previous version of Qcad pro - same software installed. But by putting that latest .dll into the Qcad install folder has fixed my problem... suspect will have to do it again on a future upgrade.
Attachments
dll-file-listing.png
dll-file-listing.png (84.97 KiB) Viewed 12702 times

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:26 pm

OK, thanks. I can see that it also comes with Qt, so it should actually be OK to bundle this with QCAD.

platinumshore

Post by platinumshore » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:36 am

Glad I helped.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”