Command line doesn't accept number input

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Bojan
Registered Member

Command line doesn't accept number input

Post by Bojan » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:12 pm

Kubuntu 14.04, every QCAD version after 3.12.4

Hello, when I start any command like Line or Stretch and press space to shift focus to command line, I should be able to input a simple number value to define next point, but the program won't let me. But in version 3.12.4 I do that all the time. Am I not getting something, or is it a bug? Please help...

Here's what error messages it outputs:
"Command: restricthorizontal
Unknown command or invalid coordinate or value: '55'
Command: restricthorizontal
Numbers may be entered as: '3.142'
Coordinates may be entered as: '1.234,1.234' (absolute) or '@1.234,1.234' (relative) or '10<278.873' (polar) or '@10<278.873' (relative polar)
You may change the number / coordinate format in the application preferences."

Or:
"Command: line
Unknown command or invalid coordinate or value: '55'
Numbers may be entered as: '3.142'
Coordinates may be entered as: '1.234,1.234' (absolute) or '@1.234,1.234' (relative) or '10<278.873' (polar) or '@10<278.873' (relative polar)
You may change the number / coordinate format in the application preferences."

riverbuoy

Re: Command line doesn't accept number input

Post by riverbuoy » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:18 pm

Hi Bojan,
Bojan wrote:Hello, when I start any command like Line or Stretch and press space to shift focus to command line, I should be able to input a simple number value to define next point, but the program won't let me. But in version 3.12.4 I do that all the time. Am I not getting something, or is it a bug? Please help...
This is clearly a bug, either introduced in version 3.12.5 or 3.12.6. I went from 3.12.4 directly to 3.12.6, so I am not sure which version introduced the bug. I don't know what the problem is.
However, playing with the line command, I discovered that if you leave the first number in the command line, and then move the mouse, and then press enter a second time, the number is now accepted, and all further numbers accepted for each line segment drawn.

Hopefully, Andrew might be able to fix this, but for now use this workaround.

riverbuoy

Bojan
Registered Member

Post by Bojan » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:47 am

Thank you very much for looking into this, it is a really big bug then :/. There are some very nice improvements since 3.12.4, I would like to upgrade as soon as this is fixed. Will try this workaround today.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:37 am

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”