Black circles on pdf intersections

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

crowhurst

Re: Black circles on pdf intersections

Post by crowhurst » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:22 pm

The commercial printer bed is 841 mm wide and I've already received a paper print from the company at 841 x 6600, and that is perfect for my purpose. That was printed from QCad Pro last week using "export to PDF" on the 25% scale .dwg, so something has changed since then. I've just used Zamzar.com to convert the .dwg to PDF, and that fails in the same way - just the blank white page.
Nick.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:32 pm

crowhurst wrote:That was printed from QCad Pro last week using "export to PDF" on the 25% scale .dwg, so something has changed since then.
Is this "old file" - used in QCAD for an pdf export - still working and provides a proper display in Adobe reader?
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

crowhurst

Post by crowhurst » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:11 am

Yes, I'll PM it to you, and it opens correctly. It's bed-time now in the UK, so many thanks for your continuing help, and I'll look back tomorrow.
Nick

Husky

Post by Husky » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:19 am

Thanks and have a good night! :wink:
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Husky

Post by Husky » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:13 am

Ok, it looks like Adobe Acrobat Reader has a Page Size Limit of 200" by 200". I tested it in mm for your drawing: 5080 mm works - 5081 will be presented as a blank pdf sheet in Adobe! Other Reader are able to read much bigger pages ... :shock:

crowhurst

Post by crowhurst » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:29 am

Husky, you've solved it, thank you. That's great detective work. I knew about the pdf size restriction, but my printer company told me that the white background showing the paper size on the 25% scale PDF had to match the QCad graphics area in size, and their printer would print both graphics and paper size at 400%. Clearly this was incorrect, and I'll speak to the printer (a large industrial printing company) next week.
Many thanks for your patience and skill.
Nick.

Husky

Post by Husky » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:32 pm

You're welcome! And I will keep an Eye on your kayaks .... I like the Idea and the design and we have a lot of Water here .... :wink:

Husky

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”