Dimension not changing from metric to inch

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

rcooke88
Registered Member

Dimension not changing from metric to inch

Post by rcooke88 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:35 pm

Hi Folks,

I'm new to QCAD so maybe this is a simple fix but I can't seem to get the dimensions to change from millimeters to inches. I've changed the settings in the Edit|Drawing Preferences but nothing changes. Also the text size won't change as well as the decimal point doesn't show up even though I've set the decimal point to be 4 pixels. I've set the scale to 1" = 1"

Is there a simple fix for this issue?

I'm using Win10 and QCAD v3.21.3

Thanks in advance,

Richard

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Dimension not changing from metric to inch

Post by Husky » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:05 pm

Hi Richard,
rcooke88 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:35 pm
Hi Folks,

I'm new to QCAD so maybe this is a simple fix but I can't seem to get the dimensions to change from millimeters to inches. I've changed the settings in the Edit|Drawing Preferences but nothing changes.
You have to convert the drawing (Menu/Edit/Convert Drawing Unit). Your Method within the Drawing Preferences will "only" change the name of the Unit. e.g. 120 mm is then 120 inches.
rcooke88 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:35 pm
Also the text size won't change as well as the decimal point doesn't show up even though I've set the decimal point to be 4 pixels. I've set the scale to 1" = 1"
I'm not sure what do you mean with: You set the decimal point to 4 pixel?
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

rcooke88
Registered Member

Post by rcooke88 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:22 pm

Thanks. It's still not working. I think I've got everything set to inches but it still shows a very tiny millimeter value.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:17 pm

If your measurements are "tiny", you will have to scale your drawing to correct the scale of your drawing to 1:1. If a distance that is supposed to be 10" is shown as 1", you'd have to scale by a factor of 10.

If you are referring to the size of the dimension labels as being "tiny", you'd have to adjust the dimension settings under Edit > Drawing Preferences > Dimensions > Dimension Settings:
Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 21.16.03.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 21.16.03.png (136.32 KiB) Viewed 3126 times

If you cannot solve your problem, please attach your drawing file.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”