You will most likely know that menus and toolbars can be moved/dragged and docked into new positions in QCAD.
However, at first it may not seem apparent that you can do the same with the 'main' CAD tools, here is a little tip to enlighten you.
1. Here we see the main CAD toolbar.
2. If we now 'right-click' in the toolbar space we are presented with an option to toggle the Title Bar.
3. Click on this and... this now allows us to drag and move the tool bar into a new position, here you see I have docked the toolbar above my drawing area (Model space).
4. To make more space and remove the title text - simply 'right-click' again.
5. Click on this and... this will remove the title and leave only the CAD toolbar, now you can move up your main drawing area to suit!