I like to work with Viewports and the View List .... but I have a couple question regarding this topic
1. I know that I'm able to save my choice (2, 3, 4 windows etc) of Viewports with the drawing - but if I reopen this drawing the arrangement is lost and the last used views are gone. Makes it sense to save something although I have to rearrange everything new?
2. If I decide to use the Viewports as default for every new drawing and mark this in the Application Preferences - I can open a new drawing with the correct number of Viewports but the arrangement has nothing to do with the Preview in the settings. (and yes - I restarted QCAD ....)
3. The Scrollbar for each window has the same size like the normal used scrollbars for windows. If you are working on a normal size Monitor it "steals" a lot of "working space". Is there any possibility to make the scrollbars half(?) size wide .....
4. I thing the Viewports and the View List belongs together - is there any option to put this function on the "View List" Tool Bar instead to go the long way over the "Drawing preferences" Menu?
* [Edit: View Ports now retain their position after opening/closing in QCAD 3 final ]