Tip - make a notebook for QCAD

Tips and tricks you want to share with other users. Tutorials, user submitted documentation, etc.

Moderator: andrew

Clive

Tip - make a notebook for QCAD

Post by Clive » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:19 pm

Often I find myself needing to add notes to a particular drawing to remind myself about something, it could be anything..like add a block, amend some text, etc, etc. basically these are the sorts of 'don't forget to' notes that we all write down and then lose - well I do anyways :lol: .

I have previously added a feature request for something like this and hopefully at some stage it might get added;
http://www.qcad.org/bugtracker/index.ph ... &closedto=

But for now I have come up with an idea that may also be useful for others :wink: .

1.In the snapshot below I have quite simply drawn a rectangle and hatched it with a solid fill (the colour will fill depending on what colour attributes are given to the layer you are working on - in my case a typical yellow note sticky).
Make your own note book for QCAD.png
Make your own note book for QCAD.png (3.4 KiB) Viewed 8417 times
2. Now all you have to do is add a title (Notes) and add a character (this will be your button) using the text editor in QCAD.
Text editor in QCAD.png
Text editor in QCAD.png (17.07 KiB) Viewed 8417 times
3. This notebook can be saved with your file you are working on and everytime you want to delete or update your notes all you have to do is 'double click' your character button and 'hey presto' you are in the QCAD text editor 8).
add character.png
add character.png (6.13 KiB) Viewed 8414 times

Hope it comes in useful :wink:

Return to “QCAD Tips and Tutorials”