Printer output is not what is seen on printpreview

If you are having problems with QCAD 2.1/2.2, post here. Please report bugs here.

Moderator: andrew

makeitsimple
Newbie Member

Post by makeitsimple » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:44 pm

Been using qcad for some time and never had this problem, but believe its down to me, but cannot figure it out.
When I print to my trusty hp 4400, after preview and fit and center to page, I get about a quarter of the drawing at the edge of the page.?
If I print to pdf and print the file it works great ?
Its me somewhere but am pulling my hair out, prssure is off now that I sussed pdf route but want to get it sorted properly.
Qcad ticks all the boxes for me!!
Any ideas appreciate.
With Thanks
Pete

jweatherill
Newbie Member

Post by jweatherill » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:31 am

Pete,
if you haven't resolved this yet, and for others with this problem:

Have you set a different printer, other than your hp 4400, as your default system printer?

I had this same problem with 2.2.2 on Mac Snow Leopard. I found that the print dialog only allowed printing with the default settings of the default printer so that, even if I selected a 24" Hp Designjet to print an A1-sized drawing, all I got was the A4-sized portion my 1200 series Laserjet would be able to print.

If I temporarily chose the Designjet as my default system printer, just to print the drawing in question, everthing worked fine.

Best regards,
Jonathan

P.S.
On the other hand, when I export to PDF, raster images get ingnored randomly: In the same drawing one may show up whist others disappear, and no amount of tricks will resolve the situation. If anyone has found a solution to this, please let me know.

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Troubleshooting and Problems”