Part library thumbnails appear twice in window

If you are having problems with QCAD 2.1/2.2, post here. Please report bugs here.

Moderator: andrew

Gooserider

Part library thumbnails appear twice in window

Post by Gooserider » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:33 am

I have been using QCAD Pro Version: 2.2.2.0 sucessfully for a while, but after doing some recent system upgrades, I now have SOME but not all of the part library file thumbnails appearing twice in the library browser window.

It appears from partial checking that most of the parts from the Ribbonsoft parts library are not duplicated, but parts that I have created and put in my personal library are.

Operating system is Gentoo Linux, using KDE 3.5.10 as the window environment.

I have not found anything helpful using the search - a suggestion that deleting the /<home>/.qcad directory did not help.

My library path as set in QCad application preferences is :
/opt/qcad/partlibrary-2.1.2.8-1;/opt/qcad/qcad-2.2.2.0-1-prof.linux.x86/library
with the abbreviated tree for my QCad area being:

Code: Select all

/opt/qcad
/partlibrary-2.1.2.8-1 
|-/architecture  
|-/electrical  
|-/electronics  
|-index.html  
|-/mechanical  
|-/misc  
|-/processing  
|-/templates  
|-/zipf_libs
/partlibrary-2.1.2.8-1.tar  
/qcad-2.2.2.0-1-prof.linux.x86  
|-/bin  
|-/doc  
|-/examples  
|-/fonts  
|-/library 
|  |-/art-blox
|  |  |-(lots of diretories)
|  |-/misc  
|  |-/templates
|-/patterns  
|-  qcad  
|-/qm  
|- README  
|-/scripts
/qcad-2.2.2.0-1-prof.linux.x86.tar
It appears that the files in /opt/qcad/qcad-2.2.2.0-1-prof.linux.x86/library are showing up as duplicates, while the files in /opt/qcad/partlibrary-2.1.2.8-1 are not....

Can someone suggest how to fix this? It makes using the part library really painful.

Gooserider
beginner

lathanial

Post by lathanial » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:41 pm

I had the same problem. I'm using ubuntu 8.04 with either gnome or kde. I'm not familiar with gentoo. What I found is that Qcad creates the .qcad folder in my home directory and places the library there. I developed my library in the default location from when I installed Qcad. I found that by moving my library to the .qcad folder it no longer shows duplicates. As for the setting the library path in "preferences" either I misunderstand what that is for or it doesn't work. Does anyone know if it is possible to have the library display as a list without images?

lathanial

Gooserider

Post by Gooserider » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:45 pm

Well I found that .qcad directory in my /home, but closing QCAD, deleting the folder and restarting didn't seem to do any good as I still had the duplicates show up... Incidentally it looks like QCAD doesn't automatically copy the entire library over to the .qcad folder, but only those parts of it that you actually look at....

I don't mind having the images, as long as I only get one set, indeed I think the thumbnails are very useful as the filenames tend to not show completely, and don't always give a good idea of what the item is. I like the display if only I could get rid of the double image issue.

Gooserider
beginner

lathanial

Post by lathanial » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:50 pm

When I started my library I had it in the library folder in the installation folder - in your case /opt/qcad/qcad-2.2.2.0-1-prof.linux.x86/library. What I did was to move this library folder to the .qcad folder that QCad creates. This is where I keep my library now because of the problem you are now experiencing. You can try this by copying the contents of /opt/qcad/qcad-2.2.2.0-1-prof.linux.x86/library to .qcad/library and then rename /opt/qcad/qcad-2.2.2.0-1-prof.linux.x86/library to something else - /opt/qcad/qcad-2.2.2.0-1-prof.linux.x86/libraryOrig perhaps. That way you won't lose anything and it will be easy to change back if it doesn't work for you. As for your other library - partlibrary-2.2.2.8-1 - I haven't tried using a second library but I'll try and see what happens.

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Troubleshooting and Problems”