New User of Qcad

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

algrass

New User of Qcad

Post by algrass » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:14 am

Since I am using QCAD a lot now I thought of introducing myself.
My name is Al, short for Alfie and I live in the UK. I am a retired semiconductor scientist and have been knowledgeable with Autocad since the early DOS days. My last copy was Autocad 2002 which I still have. I did not use CAD in my career too intensively but from time to time I had a need to do so. In my early days I used a workstation for designing semiconductor chips, but that was a specific CAD for semiconductors. Nowadays I use CAD infrequently according to what I am doing to pass my time. During the gaps I forget the commands and when I restart it is always another learning curve!
Right now I am working on dynamic symmetry of geometric figures built with the golden ratio.
I chose QCAD because I moved to a MAC platform 3 years ago. I use a Macbook Pro retina and an iMac 5k. Resolution is great on the iMAc 5K. Windows cannot match it yet as they are limited to 4k resolution. I felt it unnecessary to spend the money on a new version of Autocad for Mac. Besides, the idea of paying for a lifetime subscription did not make sense to me. Even the LE edition is US$1000 or thereabout. QCAD, as a 2D CAD, is very good and very accurate. I like it enough and I think anyone that needs 2D CAD will find it an optimum low cost mighty powerful solution.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”