[solved] Bitmap Tracing

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Marta
Registered Member

[solved] Bitmap Tracing

Post by Marta » Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:38 pm

Hello from Godalming in UK,

I am Marta and I have been using QCAD for few years to design a felt patterns for my school clubs. I need some help with add-on "trace bitmap".
So, I create a lots of flat patterns which I usually scan, import as jpg file and then trace with spline. It take a lot of time, so I researched about the automatic tracing process. I came across this info:

https://qcad.org/doc/qcad/latest/refere ... ge_en.html

I have pro version but I do not have a clue how to instal the add-on and where it find, as all informations attached to that article are a bit confusing.
Is there anybody who can guide me with this process ?

Kind regards
Marta
Last edited by Marta on Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Bitmap Tracing

Post by Husky » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:44 pm

Hi Marta - welcome to the forum.

If your Pro version is 3.27.7 or younger then the trace tool is already included in your version.
You can find it below:
Menu/Draw/Trace Bitmap

If your Pro is older than 3.27.7 then there is no way to upgrade only the trace addon - the only way is to update Qcad all together to the current version which is 3.29.4.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Marta
Registered Member

Re: [solved] Bitmap Tracing

Post by Marta » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:21 am

Hi Husky,

Thank you for your advice, I have just updated my QCAD app. This time I bought CAD/CAM and I hope that I will hook it to my laser machine.
I have question about converting polyline in to spline but I think this question is for different part of the forum.
hope to speak you somewhere around here:)

kind regards
Marta

Return to “Introduce Yourself”