Greetings from Solingen, Germany

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

mink

Greetings from Solingen, Germany

Post by mink » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:51 pm

Hi there,

my first contact with QCad is a couple of years ago (I received it with OpenSuse distribution). However, I never really used it. As a computer scientist with about 40 years of software development experience, I had other things to do.

As beeing a Freelancer, beginning this year, I received a contract of a new customer. He wants a new 2D CAM package to be developed for his industrial sewing machines. As it makes no sense to start from scratch, I am looking for fitting 2D general CAD systems, which are easy to use. Obviously, I need additional support for extensions - by C++ as well by a scripting language. So QCad might fit ...

My next steps with QCad will be to dig into Scripting, and afterwards look into extensions by C++. Probably there a a couple of questions coming up - hopefully someone can help me here.

Regards,

Ulrich Mink

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Greetings from Solingen, Germany

Post by andrew » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:33 pm

Thanks for your introduction. This sounds interesting! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Andrew

Return to “Introduce Yourself”