Hello from Puerto Rico

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

jlog3000
Newbie Member

Hello from Puerto Rico

Post by jlog3000 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:30 pm

Hello from Puerto Rico. The reason I joinedthe QCAD forums and to start using QCAD is to show and prove my skills as a draftsman dated back when I took some courses of CAD back in high school, which I continued during my college days as well. Plus, not only I like creating or brainstorming to draw floor plans, but also on special custom concept jersey/uniform templates.

Wishing everyone here a wonderful 2015! :)

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Hello from Puerto Rico

Post by Husky » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:57 am

Hi jlog3000 - welcome to the forum!
jlog3000 wrote:Wishing everyone here a wonderful 2015! :)
Thanks! Same to you! :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

jlog3000
Newbie Member

Post by jlog3000 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:41 pm

Husky wrote:Hi jlog3000 - welcome to the forum!
jlog3000 wrote:Wishing everyone here a wonderful 2015! :)
Thanks! Same to you! :wink:
Thanks. :) Means a lot. Oh, just wondering, is it possible to change the grid options depending on the different unit systems? For instance, I'm trying to change from inches to millimeters.

Husky

Post by Husky » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:25 pm

jlog3000 wrote:Oh, just wondering, is it possible to change the grid options depending on the different unit systems? For instance, I'm trying to change from inches to millimeters.
Your grid works with the same unit which is used for the drawing. If you change the unit from inch to mm a 5 inch grid will be displayed as a 5 mm grid. If you need to adjust this you can change the grid spacing below "Drawing Preferences" / "General" / "Grid" for the actual drawing.
If you like to have the same settings for all NEW drawings - use the "Application Preferences" Dialog to put in the desired values and every new drawing will then have the correct settings. :wink:
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

jlog3000
Newbie Member

Post by jlog3000 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:49 pm

Husky wrote:
jlog3000 wrote:Oh, just wondering, is it possible to change the grid options depending on the different unit systems? For instance, I'm trying to change from inches to millimeters.
Your grid works with the same unit which is used for the drawing. If you change the unit from inch to mm a 5 inch grid will be displayed as a 5 mm grid. If you need to adjust this you can change the grid spacing below "Drawing Preferences" / "General" / "Grid" for the actual drawing.
If you like to have the same settings for all NEW drawings - use the "Application Preferences" Dialog to put in the desired values and every new drawing will then have the correct settings. :wink:
Oh ok. Thanks for the hint. :) I wish I could show you or anyone else at least some 'preview screenshots' as part of my drawing process.

Husky

Post by Husky » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:59 pm

jlog3000 wrote:I wish I could show you or anyone else at least some 'preview screenshots' as part of my drawing process.
No problem - go ahead! Maybe you like to use our "Chat" Forum just for showing something.

jlog3000
Newbie Member

Post by jlog3000 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:03 pm

Husky wrote:
jlog3000 wrote:I wish I could show you or anyone else at least some 'preview screenshots' as part of my drawing process.
No problem - go ahead! Maybe you like to use our "Chat" Forum just for showing something.
I sure will. Thanks for the suggestion. Glad to be part of this community. =)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”