How Do I Manually Remove Add-Ons in Windows OS

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

qcad_frank
Registered Member

How Do I Manually Remove Add-Ons in Windows OS

Post by qcad_frank » Tue May 12, 2015 3:21 am

I've just installed QCAD Community version on Windows 8.1 and when I click on the x (lower right corner) to remove the add-ons, I get a message that indicates I will need to close and reopen the program in order for the change to take effect. After I do that (I tried rebooting as well), the Add-ons reload. I can't use the product very long before my session is over because of the Add-ons. Is there a way to manually remove them? I've see suggestions on the web on how to remove them in Linux, but nothing for Windows. What I found for Linux is to remove these files: libqcaddwg.so, libqcadproscripts.so, libqcadcamscripts.so. Are there equivalent *.dll files that can be removed for a Windows installation?

Thanks.

Frank

andrew
Site Admin

Re: How Do I Manually Remove Add-Ons in Windows OS

Post by andrew » Tue May 12, 2015 7:58 am

Yes, simply remove the equivalent dll files under <QCAD Installation Dir>/plugins.

qcad_frank
Registered Member

Post by qcad_frank » Thu May 14, 2015 6:09 am

I don't see an installation director, however, in the QCAD directory (C:\Program filesx86\QCAD) there are no addOn files with a .dll extension, there is a AddOnn.js file. When I remove it from the directory the program will not launch. When I put it back in C:\Program filesx86\QCAD, the program launches again, it still loads the add-ons. In its present state the program is not unusable. I can modify the java file if someone can help out with it.

I hope someone can help. I really like the looks of this program.

Thanks.

Frank

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu May 14, 2015 1:09 pm

Your installation directory is "C:\Program filesx86\QCAD"

The plugins are in "C:\Program filesx86\QCAD\plugins"

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”